+ Medical Record eXchange
- Simple, user friendly system saves the GPs and Specialists precious time.
- Send your patients’ medical information in 3 easy steps.
- Prompt processing and payment
- Free – No cost to the Doctor, Specialist or Practice
- Fast – No Paperwork, printing, faxing or scanning
- Simple – 3 Easy Steps - View, Revise and Send
- Secure – Encrypted and privacy compliant
+ About UsReturn to top
Medical Record eXchange is powered and operated by Zedmed Medical Software Solutions established in Australia in 1978.
After 30 years in business, Zedmed is well known as the provider of fully integrated, full-featured, sophisticated software solutions for health professionals. Zedmed is one of Australia’s longest serving medical software solution providers with clients nationwide.
Owned by an Australian GP and part of the Medical One Group, Zedmed worked closely with our 10 large medical centres to find areas where technology could assist with the day to day operations of a medical practice.
From that Medical Record eXchange was developed and launched in September 2009.
The company is based in Melbourne with offices in Sydney and Adelaide.
For more information see www.zedmed.com.au
+ What We DoReturn to top
Now GP's and Specialist’s can process insurance requests easily, quickly and securely online. It’s+ Free + Fast + Simple + Secure
"Medical Record eXchange is going to transform one of the most mundane and time consuming processes for the doctor and for practice staff. Being able to process a request in a matter of minutes will significantly reduce the amount of time currently spent on collating the required information; improving response time for patients seeking insurance and allowing better utilisation of staff resources within the practice."
Gladstone Park Medical Clinic
+ FreeReturn to top
Medical Record eXchange is a free service available to all GP’s and Specialists via a web site.
There is no software to download or install, all you need is an internet connection and access to your medical data.
+ FastReturn to top
Medical Record eXchange reduces the time spent on paperwork enabling GP’s, Specialist’s and Practice Staff to get back to the important job of looking after patients.
- Simplified, standard process for insurance requests
- No Printing, Faxing or Scanning required.
- Gives you more productive time with your patients
- Improves medical practice efficiencies.
- Patient receives insurance approval quicker
- Doctor or Specialist is paid sooner.
- Little to no adoption time
"Insurance requests are just more paper work that needs to be done, usually outside of consulting time. Being able to do these requests on line with Medical Record eXchange has freed up my time substantially"
+ SimpleReturn to top
Medical Record eXchange is simple and intuitive.
- Requests are emailed directly to the practice for processing
- Once logged on, GPs or Specialists view the request and patient authorisation.
- System synchronises with your clinical data and displays the patient’s information.
- Allows you too quickly and simply review and revise the information before sending
– ensuring only the information you want released is actually sent.
- No information is transmitted until you decide – you are in complete control of what information you eXchange
"A reality of the life insurance business is that medical information about a client is needed at both ends of the life cycle of a policy. Any solution that makes it easier for a doctor to fulfil that information need has to be a winner all round"
+ SecureReturn to top
Medical Records eXchange security meets all the industry and legal requirements for privacy and protection of personal medical information.
- Medical information transferred to Medical Record eXchange using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption using VeriSign Class 3 SSL SGC certificates
- Guaranteed minimum of 128 bit encryption
- Maintains security for all medical records processed through Medical Record eXchange.
- Medical Record eXchange can only work where you have access to your Clinical Records Data
- Nobody outside of the medical practice has access to your data, providing a safe and secure process for eXchanging information
- Username and password protected for heightened privacy and security
- Full compliance with all legal, medical and ethical standards
+ Oct 2011 - MRE Secures Partnership with MLCReturn to top
Medical Record eXchange has been engaged to manage the medical information requests of two of Australia’s largest insurance groups, MLC and MetLife.
The relationship’s cement Medical Record eXchange’s place within the market and ensures our continual growth and development.
+ Oct 2011 - Conferences 2011Return to top
Come and visit Zedmed at the following conferences and find out how you can start to use the fast, simple, secure and free service, that is Medical Record eXchange.
- GP11 – Hobart, Grand Chancellor Hotel, 6 – 8 October 2011 (Stand 67)
- AAPM – Perth, Burswood Entertainment Complex, 18 – 21 October 2011 (Stand 53)
- GPCE – Melbourne, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, 11 – 13 November (Stand 1708)
+ March 2011 - Welcome Best Practice Users!Return to top
Medical Record eXchange has added Best Practice to its list of compatible software, helping practices that use Best Practice to process their insurance requests via this fast, secure, on-line service. Best Practice users are required to enter their Best Practice Database Browser password the first time they use the Medical Record eXchange service. If you are unsure of what this is, our friendly staff will be more than happy to help. Just call us on 1300 933 833 when you receive your first request from us.